Orenda Magazine (“Orenda”, “we”, “us”) is highly committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why does Orenda Magazine collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- Names (for personalisation and mailing any purchased products)
- Addresses (for mailing any purchased products, aggregate general location data for marketing purposes)
- Email addresses (for contacting you directly, or sending you email newsletters)
- Phone numbers (for contacting you directly)
- Payment details (for processing payments for any purchased products)
Aggregated, and therefore anonymous, data that we collect include:
- IP addresses (for marketing purposes)
- Referral site (e.g. if you clicked a link on social media or Google) (for marketing purposes)
- Country/general location (for marketing and statistic purposes)
- Pages accessed & documents downloaded (for marketing purposes)
- Date and time of access to our site (for marketing purposes)
- Your browser used to access our site (for marketing purposes)
- The type of device used to access our site (for marketing purposes)
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including, but not limited to:
- By our website (collected automatically and/or given to us with your permission)
- From cookies (see Cookies below) (collected automatically)
- From social media (collected automatically and/or given to us with your permission)
- From Mailchimp opt-in forms (given to us with your permission)
- From offline forms (given to us with your permission)
- From interviews (given to us with your permission)
- Direct correspondence (given to us with your permission)
- By telephone (given to us with your permission)
- By email (given to us with your permission)
- From your website (publicly available)
- From media and publications (publicly available)
- From other publicly available sources (publicly available)
- From third parties (collected automatically, given to us with your permission, and/or publicly available)
We don’t guarantee the policies of any website linked, or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our customers and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
You may unsubscribe and/or delete your data from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails, or writing to us at email@example.com
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it. Your details will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them. Your details will never be added to any mailing list without your express permission. We will not use or disclose them to any third parties without your prior written consent.
To improve your experience on our site, we may use ‘cookies’. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or in the unlikely case where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• An unlikely event where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update, delete and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Orenda Magazine will not charge any fee for your access request.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website, orendamagazine.com.au
807/22 Orr St
Carlton VIC 3053